“Update to Transnational 2“
El Padul, Granada, Spain
The transnational youth initiatives allow the youth themselves, with their ways of working, to implement actions of their interest and that address specific challenges and problems faced by their communities, but from an international work together with young people from other countries. They are unique opportunities, but unfortunately there is a great ignorance about them, so there are few projects. That is why this training course is aimed at empowering young people to explore the possibilities of establishing an international association and preparing projects for transnational youth initiatives
For this we set the following objectives:
- To create a meeting for potential partners that would like to develop a transnational youth initiative through Erasmus+
- To explore the added value of the European dimension and international cooperation of the youth initiatives on a local level.
- To present the Erasmus+ Programme in the framework of European youth policies and strategies, focusing on transnational youth initiatives.
- To develop specific proposals for future projects of transnational youth initiatives
- To facilitate the acquisition by participants of communication, teamwork and project management skills of international activities and networking.
We propose a training course whose working methods will be based on the principles of nonformal education and sociocultural animation. We will combine theoretical units with practical learning, exchange of experiences and personal reflection. The participants will be invited to contribute actively to the training through dynamic and interactive sessions, workshops, simulations, case studies, teamwork tasks, debates … This will ensure that the training has a much more dynamic rhythm and will make each participant learn and develop new skills, which can then be used in their work and/or associative life and in their private lives.
We will have a session the 01st during the afternoon, for that reason, you will need to book your trip according to this information.
Arrival day and hour: 01st, 17pm
Departure day and hour: 08th, after breakfast
Participant`s profile required:
- The activity is open for 2 youth leaders, project managers and voluntary and professional youth workers, working directly with project management and capable of making decisions about partnership.
- They must have basic knowledge about Erasmus + and how to write and develop KA1 projects.
- Participants are expected to be part of the full duration of the activity
- Be aware that this activity will be in English.
- Participants should be preferably between 20 and 35 years old, but we can host people over 18 y.o. and no upper age limit.
The training course will take place in El Padul. Further information about the venue will be shared with the selected participants.
All the training will be done through the methods of non-formal education. The activities will be for example brain storming’s, plenary discussions, simulations, role plays, team building, energizers, ice breakers and many others. Non formal education we remember you that is voluntary, no hierarchical and all its methods are based on the concept of learning by doing.
What to bring with me:
- we will have an intercultural evening, so bring your national food and drink.
- bring your national flag, magazines, postcards what will help you to introduce your country.
- if you bring your laptop will be easier for working, but is not mandatory.
- find a nice mug from your city/town/country and bring it to the activity. On the first day we will make a lottery and you will get a cup that you can use the whole week and later bring home with you as a memory. Less plastic, more beauty!
- and your good mood. This is the most important ☺
What we expect from you to present in these nights are: local or national dances, local music, games, little sweets, drinks, pictures, etc. from your countries.
Every country will prepare a short presentation of their culture, using all kinds of methods. It’s preferred a short and FUNNY presentation, such as showing pictures and commenting it, quiz, short video (either already existing or made by you), etc. (YES – use your creativity!). For the intercultural night, we ask you to prepare in advance a brief performance (singing, your traditional music, popular dances) to present your group (typical costumes are really welcomed!).
The main idea of this presentation is: What is important for a stranger to know about my country?
Any kind of presentation is granted, better not to do a power-point presentation to avoid yawning.
The Intercultural night is the “most wanted event” on the beginning of the youth exchange. It is a sort of traditional night opened to all participant audience made up of our group leaders, youth workers, facilitators, participants to the exchange. All National groups are asked to perform briefly (10 for your NGO and country/city not more, and 10 min for traditional dances and music) in order to introduce their self. Certainly, we need your enthusiasm and energy!!
For the Intercultural evening a Swedish buffet (cold buffet) will be organized. Here every country will bring traditional food dishes. The food that will be brought must be eatable without any processing (boiling, frying, etc). The dishes must also be accompanied by a brief description (their origin and ingredients, the way they are eaten…)
100% of the participants‘ travel costs will be reimbursed within the valid budget sums calculated according to the official rules of Erasmus+ programme. If a sum exceeds the limit, the excess will be paid by the participants themselves. The reimbursement limit is 360€ per participant from Bulgaria.
Reimbursement of the travel costs will only be done after submitting all original tickets, receipt/invoices, boarding passes and later sending of the return documents and boarding passes. Save the boarding passes from your airport check in as well. Please, be aware that in case you loose any invoices or tickets we will not be able to reimburse the cost. Reimbursement will be done in EURO, regardless of the currency indicated on your ticket and receipt/invoice according to the official currency exchange rate of European Commission.
! Note: in case of higher travel cost, you will need to cover excess yourself.
Please note that full completion and attending to the programme is mandatory to qualify for a refund. There can be no late arrivals or early departures. You are allowed to arrive max. 2 days before OR leave 2 days after the mobility. Extra stay will not be supported with food or accommodation, yet you can use this time to visit some places around. Should your stay be longer than 2 days (unless necessary!) we do reserve the right not to reimburse part of your travel costs.
Important: It will be send only one bank transfert per Country . The recipient of the reimbursement is the partner association, not the participants according to the funding National Agency rules. To receive reimbursement participants should attend all the planned progamme elements (before, during and after the project activities).
Project is supported by “Erasmus+” program. Accommodation, meals, program and travel cost (based on distance) are covered from grant. There is NO participation fee! However, 15 BGN will be deducted from the guarantee of 100 BGN which every participant must send prior the departure, in order to be covered the different taxes, related to the participation of each representative from Bulgaria (bank transfer fees, post expenses, difference in the exchange rates, etc.). This guarantee will be reimbursed after completing all the dissemination activities, the participant is required to conduct after returning to Bulgaria.
The travel insurance is not mandatory but it is highly reccommended. It costs 1 BGN/day and covers all the common injuries during projects up to 5000 Euro. Our organization is not covering insurance, it is individual, but we are going to support you to obtain a proper insurance for the duration of the project. For more information about the insurance, contact us.
Every participant is individually entitled to receive a Youthpass Certificate, which confirms participation and validates the non-formal learning (NFL) experience of Training course project. Validating the learning experiences of participants is important in itself and the document can be of benefit in terms of the educational or employment future of the participant. Through Youthpass the European Commission ensures the Training course activity is recognized as a non-formal learning experience.
(*For more information on Youthpass you may click on this page to check it online)
- Read carefully the Terms and Conditions you are agreeing with, when sending your application!
- Have a valid ID/International passport.
- Possess valid European Health Card.
- Fill in the application form and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org – APPLICATION FORM
- Check the conditions your participation will be evaluated – Final evaluation form
In the title of the e-mail, write down the name of the project.
Empty e-mails will be deleted automatically