“Nutrition in youth work”
Nowadays youth decide more and more what to eat, where, how and when. This situation plus the enormous offer of products, all the media advertisements, are generation in young people bad habits of nutrition and physical activity. Also young people are increasingly inactive, as they find leisure on computers, tablets consoles, mobiles phones and internet, activities that do not involve movement.
Our main aims are:
– To train 22 youth workers of 11 different countries of all Europe about how we can plan workshops, activities and actions with Young people to promote healthy life styles based on Nutrition, good alimentary habits and with the inclusion of physical activities.
– To improve the capacity of organizations involved to create projects about this topics, bringing tools that our professionals are already using and train them how to use these tools, promoting at the same time, a new net of NGOs and other entities working in the topic.
We will prepare a learning process of 6 days in order to understand how to include a nutritional perspective in the daily work of youth worker and others professional that are or will deal with young people. Also we will promote networking about the topic of healthy lifestyle 🙂
Participant`s profile required:
1. Participants should be over 18 y.o.;
2. Participants are expected to be part of the full duration of the activity;
3. Be aware that this activity will be in English;
4. Participants with fewer opportunities and rural areas will have priority.
During this training course we will stay in “Ceula, Mollina, Spain”, Https://www.facebook.com/ceulaj
All the training will be done through the methods of non-formal education. The activities will be for example brainstorming, plenary discussions, simulations, role plays, team building, energizers, ice breakers and many others. Non formal education we remember you that is voluntary, no hierarchical and all its methods are based on the concept of learning by doing.
To achieve our objectives, we will need your help and this is what we will ask you to do:
1. Organize the travel.
Flights must be bought before the… Ask your sending organization for help if you need it and make sure that we confirm your itinerary before booking anything! Bring your European health card with you (if possible), it is also recommended to hire travel insurance.
2. Get ready the activities you have to do before coming, such as:
1). Preparing your presentation for the intercultural night (please…no touristic videos! Bring food, music, dances, games…).
2). Preparing an energizer.
– some traditional recipes of your country/region in English.
– label nutritional facts of products you normally consume or you can find easily in the supermarket.
3. Help us with the diffusion of the results of the project. After it’s finished by taking care of the visibility and follow up strategies.
What to bring with me:
– Hygiene products.
– Medicines if needed.
– Each national team must bring at least one laptop! (for digital activities).
– Bring your adaptors and charges for your devices as these cannot be provided.
– We will have an intercultural evening, so bring your national food and drink.
– Bring your national flag, magazines, postcards what will help you to introduce your country.
– ….and your good mood. This is the most important ☺
100% of the participants‘ travel costs will be reimbursed within the valid budget sums calculated according to the official rules of Erasmus+ programme. If a sum exceeds the limit, the excess will be paid by the participants themselves. The reimbursement limit is 360€ per participant from Bulgaria.
Important: In order to obtain reimbursement for the tickets, you need to follow these steps:
1) You need to present ALL THE TICKETS (that includes all the boarding passes), including RETURN TICKETS, which you will send after realization of the project, otherwise you will not be reimbursed.
2) You need to use PUBLIC TRANSPORT e.g. planes, trains, buses, trams or underground.
3) You need to depart from the country where your sending organization is.
4) It is recommended to make scans of tickets before your arrival in case you lose them. The reimbursement will be done only in Euros.
5) You must complete the dissemination activities and send to the organizers evidences of them (pictures, videos, written report, etc.). Could be one for the whole group or individual – the decision is up to each participant and national group.
Project is supported by “Erasmus+” program. Accommodation, meals, program and travel cost (based on distance) are covered from grant. 15 BGN will be deducted from the guarantee of 100 BGN which every participant must send prior the departure, in order to cover the different taxes, related to the participation of each representative from Bulgaria (bank transfer fees, post expenses, difference in the exchange rates, etc.). This guarantee will be reimbursed after completing all the dissemination activities, the participant is required to conduct after returning to Bulgaria and the reimbursement from the hosting organization to the sending organization is conducted.
The travel insurance is mandatory. It costs 1 BGN/day and covers all the common injuries during projects up to 5000 Euro. Our organization is not covering insurance, it is individual, but we are going to support you to obtain a proper insurance for the duration of the project. For more information about the insurance, contact us.
Every participant is individually entitled to receive a Youthpass Certificate, which confirms participation and validates the non-formal learning (NFL) experience of Training course project. Validating the learning experiences of participants is important in itself and the document can be of benefit in terms of the educational or employment future of the participant. Through Youthpass the European Commission ensures the Training course activity is recognized as a non-formal learning experience.
(*For more information on Youthpass you may click on this page to check it online)
- Read carefully the Terms and Conditions you are agreeing with, when sending your application!
- Have a valid ID/International passport.
- Possess valid European Health Card.
- Fill in the APPLICATION FORM.
In the title of the e-mail, write down the name of the project.
Empty emails will be deleted automatically