“Let`s work for work 2”
15-25. 11. 2019
In the picturesque Renaissance town of Tryavna, situated in central Bulgaria, 32 young people from 6 different organizations and countries will join together for a common cause – the fight against one of the most recent and painful problems in Europe in recent years – youth unemployment.
The aim of this project is to present information which the young people need to start taking actions for their future career and make informed decisions about their future development, both personal and professional. Stimulating them to define the most common problems and challenges their peers and they themselves face in job search eventually will be a key factor in the fight against youth unemployment. All the partners are working on the field and over the years of work we realized one important thing, which is common to almost all young people – lack of specific and precise information on how to apply for a job, how to pass a job interview or what tools to use to collect the funds needed them to realize their ideas.
Due to the lack of these skills that lead to unemployment, they lose their motivation to pursue their dreams. And that most often leads to passive participation in the development of an active civil society. We believe that every young person should take in hand their own future, rather than wait for granted and complain, and we believe that it is young people with their personal example are people who can give impetus to a more active citizenship of young people interested in the events occurring around them.
The main goal of the project is to provide young people with new methods and knowledge to improve their chances of finding a job or creating a job for themselves.
– Increasing their knowledge in the field of job application;
– Increasing their range of tools that they can use to: solve the problems they face;
– Appreciating more accurately their own and their personal and professional qualities;
– Developing their entrepreneurial ideas correctly;
– Being able to find the means they need to realize their ideas;
– Enhancing their knowledge of the Erasmus + program and how they can benefit from it in their future personal and professional development;
– Stimulating their active citizenship;
– Awakening their curiosity and desire to develop their own socio-entrepreneurial ideas.
The project will stimulate the sense of initiative, creativity and entrepreneurship of young people through a theoretical insight of experts and participants. The sessions will be conducted mainly through non-formal education methods, active participant participation, teamwork. Role-play, simulations, and debates will help bring theory into practice, albeit only by simulation.
The aim of the project is to present the information that young people need to start realizing and making informed decisions about their future development, both personally and professionally. By stimulating them to identify the most common problems and challenges their peers and themselves are facing in the search for a job, it will ultimately be a key factor in the fight against youth unemployment. Partner organizations and organizers work in this area and over the years we have realized one important thing that is common to almost all young people – the lack of specific and accurate information on how to apply for a job, how to get a job interview or what tools to use to gather the tools they need to realize their ideas.
Due to the lack of these skills that lead to unemployment, they lose their motivation to pursue their dreams. This also leads to passive participation in the development of an active civil society. We believe that every young person has to take his own future, rather than wait and complain, and we believe that it is the young people who, with their personal example, are the people who can give the impetus to one- active civil society of young people interested in the events that take place around them.
The activities planned for the implementation of the project are based on non-formal education methods. Various workshops and games will help participants improve their leadership skills, raise their self-esteem, and become more tolerant. Games to team up and break the ice will help create a strong team spirit. Participants will be given the opportunity to offer initiatives and activities and, in case of approval by the organizers, to lead such activities. In this way, we will stimulate more creativity and initiative and will provide more activity to the participants during the activity, which will include: role games, simulations, communication games, daily assessment of work, group work, study visits, NGO bazaar, etc.
Eligible participants per country: 4 young motivated people from Italy, Serbia, Poland, Portugal and Spain at the age of 16-22 and 1 group leader with no age limit.
Duration: 9 days + 2 more for the travelling
Working language: English.
Daily meals: Each day we are going to eat in the restaurant. Menu will be adapted to the dietary requirements of each participant. Lunch at 13:00-15:00 and dinner at 19:00-21:00.
Insurance & Health assistance: The insurance is a responsibility of each participant. The cost for issuing it will not be covered by the hosting organizations. Before coming to Bulgaria, you must issue and have valid European Health Insurance Card and Health Care insurance for the duration of the whole project!
About the venue:
Participants will be accommodated in double/triple rooms each one with single beds and separated by gender. Each of the elegantly furnished and functionally equipped rooms has a shower, W.C., a telephone whit a direct dialing system, satellite TV, air-conditioning (in some of the rooms), central heating and Internet connection.
The menu will be adapted according to the diary requirements and the allergies of each participant. Therefore, it is highly important to fill in fully and correctly the application form, especially regarding that matter!!! Food won`t be served, but will be provided as a buffet in order to minimize the food waste and decrease our carbon foot print. Therefore, we will really appreciate, if everyone of us pays close attention to the amount of food he/she takes. Food will never be over, so there won`t be any need to take a lot at once 😊
Website of the hotel: http://www.zograf.tryavna.biz/
Travel cost reimbursement:
100% of the participants‘ travel costs will be reimbursed within the valid budget sums calculated according to the official rules of the Bulgarian NA in the frame of Erasmus +. If a sum exceeds the limit, the excess will be paid by the participants themselves. The reimbursement limit per participant is based and calculated according to the official Erasmus+ distance calculator and the rules of the program.
Important: In order to obtain reimbursement for the tickets, you need to obey the following rules:
1) You need to present ALL THE TICKETS, including RETURN TICKETS, which you will send after realization of the project, otherwise YOU WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED (DO NOT FORGET TO KEEP YOUR BOARDING PASSES FROM AIRPORT CHECK-IN)
2) You need to use PUBLIC TRANSPORT e.g. planes, trains, buses, trams or underground.
3) You need to depart from the country where your sending organization is.
4) It is recommended to make scans of tickets before your arrival in case you lose them. The reimbursement will be done only in Euros.
Every participant is individually entitled to receive a Youthpass Certificate, which confirms participation and validates the non-formal learning (NFL) experience of Training course project. Validating the learning experiences of participants is important in itself and the document can be of benefit in terms of the educational or employment future of the participant. Through Youthpass the European Commission ensures the Training course activity is recognized as a non-formal learning experience.
(*For more information on Youthpass you may click on this page to check it online)
Participant`s profile required:
The Youth Exchange will be attended by 32 young people from 6 countries (4 persons from each of the country: Bulgaria, Serbia, Italy, Spain, Poland and Portugal) and 6 youth leaders (one from each participating country).
• aged 16-22;
• English level (at least Medium level speaking and writing);
• Committed to contribute to the follow up of the project;
• Gender Balance have to be followed as much as possible (2 Male and 2 Female participant per country + the group leader);
• Be interested in developing competences and implement follow-up initiatives;
• Be aware of the characteristics of the learning environment (non-formal education);
The group of each country will be obligated to conduct dissemination events for other young people in their city/town, within 2 months at the end of the youth exchange.
What to bring with you:
– Bring your hygiene products (shampoo, toothpaste, etc…).
– Bring comfortable clothes and shoes (we will walk).
– Each group should bring some food and drinks to represent their own country.
– Bring your national flag, magazines, postcards what will help you to introduce your country.
– Bring your sending organization’s leaflets and any kind of information what you might have.
– Please, find a nice mug from your city/town/country and bring it to the project. On the first day we will make a lottery and you will get a cup that you can use the whole week and later bring home with you as a memory. Less plastic, more beauty!
– If you bring your laptop will be easier for working.
– And your good mood and positive attitude. This is the most important ☺
Documents related to the project application:
- Application Form
- Participants Agreement
- Parental Agreement
- Group leaders` agreement
- Preliminary agreement with the partners
- Agreement for Data Protection Regulation
- INFO PACK for the YE – Let`s work for work 2!
- Read carefully the Terms and Conditions you are agreeing with, when sending your application!
- Have a valid ID/International passport.
- Possess valid European Health Card.
If you want to apply for the project as a group leader, you must send documents 1,2 and 4 to the respected sending organisation!
If you want to apply as a participant, send documents 1,2,3 (if you are under 18 years old) to the respected sending organisation!
For Bulgaria – “The Change is in You” Association (links to the Facebook and website`s pages)
For Italy –Associazione “Agrado” (links to the Facebook and website`s pages)
For Poland – Stowarzyszenie “Fundus Glacensis” (links to the Facebook and website`s pages)
For Portugal – “Check-In” Association (links to the Facebook and website`s pages)
For Serbia – “Cultural Center Of The Youth Vojvodina” Association (links to the Facebook and website`s pages)
For Spain – “Euducate” Association (links to the Facebook and website`s pages)