Международен Младежки Обмен
The international youth exchange “Media(te) Diversity” which is planned to be taking place in Bratislava, Slovakia from 20 August 2017 – 26 August 2017 aims to train and equip 42 young people, students, youth activists, youth workers and youth leaders from 7 European countries. Using peer to peer method they will be sharing the knowledge, experience and skills which might help to boost the youth perception of diversity and boost the knowledge of critical thinking and media literacy.
Fast-paced world today is facing many challenges. That’s why we would like to getter young people from 7 different countries from all over Europe and to give them the opportunity to see from the perspective of the foreigner and to question their own believes or stereotypes and the values of our society. Moreover the youth exchange will aim to inspire the further involvement and participation of young people in civic life and also preventing violent radicalization of young people.
On one side social media is a powerful tool for forming the public opinion and for making the people to want to contribute. It has made communication with young people easier and more immediate, while exchanging contemporary, accessible information. Use of social media can be highly effective also in terms of supporting citizenship, life skills, thinking skills and participation and advocacy. Media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn play significant role in everyday life and have become one of the most important communication tools in both personal use but also in professional life, at jobs, projects and events created as because they have become the a key in reaching out a wide range of people. However on the other side the information is not always trustworthy, reliable and source-based. The practice shows that young people nowadays lack the literacy of information verification, which leads to hate speech, xenophobia and other negative phenomena.
The most relevant topics addressed by the youth exchange are:
- Promoting diversity and intercultural dialogue;
- Media literacy;
- Critical thinking;
- Sense of initiative of young people;
- Peer to peer learning.
- To raise the media literacy, critical thinking, power of storytelling, communication and manipulation in communication as well as the argumentation techniques;
- The participants should become aware of socially relevant topics as well as discover new ones;
- They will make a progress mainly through peer -learning and sharing know – how;
- To strengthen values like solidarity, sharing, friendship and diversity;
- To encourage the participants to discover their individual’s ability to turn ideas into actions. Which includes creativity, risk-taking actions as well as the ability to plan and manage projects in order to achieve their objectives;
- To improve the competences in sharing information via internet, especially on social media.
Planned activities in achieving the overall goals of the project are:
- Thinking-Tools TOOLKIT: the participants will have the chance to talk to different local NGOs and initiatives that are investigating and verifying the credibility of media content. They will be also introduced to the methods to be used in order to ensure the objectivity and critical thinking of the readers, they will have time to combine their experiences with social media (youth) involvement and afterwards they will present their finding on the youth participation, involvement and the impact of social media in the context of diversity/ immigrants/ multicultural societies;
- Mediation of Acceptance: a chance to work in a team with members from different environments and to learn more about each other in a way that they can make a silent theater, followed by playing role plays;
- Show of Diverse Beauty: a task to make a media content reflecting on diversity, using digital tools. They can make a video, photos, record an audio and make a graphic design to it, the choice is left to the participants and their creativity;
Participant`s profile required:
- Age 18-26;
- English level ( at least Medium level speaking and writing);
- Committed to contribute to the follow up of the project;
- Be interested in developing competences and implement follow-up initiatives;
- Some priority will be given to youth belonging from minority groups or facing economic difficulties, coming from rural areas or with other disadvantaged backgrounds, as well as participants from Tryavna or the region.
Will be provided the the centre of Bratislava. In HOSTEL BLUES.
In the dorms of 4, 6 or 8 people.
More about the hostel at: http://www.hostelblues.sk/
All the training will be done through the methods of non-formal education. The activities will be for example brain storming’s, plenary discussions, simulations, role plays, team building, energizers, ice breakers and many others. Non formal education we remember you that is voluntary, no hierarchical and all its methods are based on the concept of learning by doing.
100% of the participants‘ travel costs will be reimbursed within the valid budget sums calculated according to the official rules of Erasmus+ programme. If a sum exceeds the limit, the excess will be paid by the participants themselves. The reimbursement limit is 275€ per participant from Bulgaria.
Reimbursement of the travel costs will only be done after submitting all original tickets, receipt/invoices, boarding passes and later sending of the return documents and boarding passes. Save the boarding passes from your airport check in as well. Please, be aware that in case you loose any invoices or tickets we will not be able to reimburse the cost. Reimbursement will be done in EURO, regardless of the currency indicated on your ticket and receipt/invoice according to the official currency exchange rate of European Commission.
! Note: in case of higher travel cost, you will need to cover excess yourself.
Important: It will be send only one bank transfert per Country . The recipient of the reimbursement is the partner association , not the participants according to the Slovakian National Agency rules. To receive reimbursement participants should attend all the planned progamme elements (before, during and after the project activities).
Project is supported by “Erasmus+” program. Accommodation, meals, program and travel cost (based on distance) are covered from grant. There is NO participation fee. However, 15 BGN will be deductuted from the travel costs or paid to the sending organisation from each participant, in order to be covered the different taxes, related to the participation of each representative from Bulgaria (bank transfer fees, post expenses, difference in the exchange rates, etc.). In case the organisation is covering the tickets, each participant must transfer a guarantee of 70 BGN, to the organisation`s public bank accont to ensure his/her`s participation and if he/she cancels his/her`s participation, the sum will be used to cover the change of the name for the flight, the ticket has been bought already.
The travel insurance is not mandatory but it is highly reccommended. It costs 1 BGN/day and covers all the common injuries during projects up to 5000 Euro. Our organization is not covering insurance, it is individual, but we are going to support you to obtain a proper insurance for the duration of the project. For more information about the insurance, contact us.
Every participant is individually entitled to receive a Youthpass Certificate, which confirms participation and
validates the non-formal learning (NFL) experience of Training course project. Validating the learning experiences of participants is important in itself and the document can be of benefit in terms of the educational or employment future of the participant. Through Youthpass the European Commission ensures the Training course activity is recognized as a non-formal learning experience.
(*For more information on Youthpass you may click on this page to check it online)
- Have a vilidе ID/International passport.
- Possess valid European Health Card.
- Fill in the application form and send it to: email@example.com – APPLICATION FORM
- Fill in and sign this Participant Agreement.
- Check the conditions your participation will be evaluated – Final evaluation form
In the title of the e-mail, write down the name of the project.
The deadline for applying is 06. 07. 2017