International Youth Exchange
APV&YE in June
“Cleanovci” is a youth exchange, gathering 36volunteers from Bulgaria, Hungary, The Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Czech Republic, and Croatia.
The project is intended to deliver a better understanding of climate change and sustainable development through methods of recycling, upcycling, and design thinking.
Advanced Planning Visit:
3.6 – 5.6.2022
24.6 – 2.7. 2022
– To raise participants’ understanding and knowledge on the concept of sustainable development and its environmental, economic, social and cultural dimensions;
– To open up a discussion about certain industries and their environmental impact from production to consumption, focusing on water use, chemical pollution, CO2 emissions, and waste;
– To outline the need for fundamental changes , including the introduction of sustainable practices throughout the supply chain, as well a shift in consumer behavior;
– To have a deeper understanding of Eco Ideas and how can they turn into action for creating sustainable products, organizations, and individuals;
– To empower young people to participate actively in civil society to foster sustainable development;
– To encourage participants to live sustainably in their everyday life through critically reflecting on their daily choices and consumption habits;
– To facilitate the process of exchanging persona experiences through peer to peer learning and country realities on sustainable development among young people.
Participant`s profile required:
1. Еvery group should prepare 5 youngsters 15-30 years old plus 1 group leader over 18 years old;
2. Participants are expected to be part of the full duration of the activity;
3. Be aware that this activity will be in English;
4. Participants with fewer opportunities and rural areas will have priority.
All costs related to accommodation, and food (3 meals per day “breakfast, lunch, dinner”) will be covered by project budget as well. All breakfasts will be served in the hotel, also most of other meals. Please send us information if you need special diet or have other health/food issues (vegan, allergic, etc) max 7 days before exchange. The participants will be accommodated in the rooms with3-4 beds, the toilets, air-conditioners and shower- baths are in all rooms of the hotel. Towels, bed-linen is provided.
All the training will be done through the methods of non-formal education. The activities will be for example brainstorming, plenary discussions, simulations, role plays, team building, energizers, ice breakers and many others. Non formal education we remember you that is voluntary, no hierarchical and all its methods are based on the concept of learning by doing.
Arrival to the city of Vinkovci.
On the first day, the main goal is to get to know each other and the project. In the first part of the day, we will go through the presentation about our organization, explaining the Erasmus +, Youth Exchange, and the meaning of Youthpass so that participants can, at the end of the project, fill in their Youthpss correctly. In the second part of the day, we will slowly start with the introduction to the project and explain the objectives of this exchange. At the end of every day, we will do reflection with the participants to see if they enjoyed the activities and if they would like to discuss bout certain topics more in detail.
In the first part of the day, we will tackle the problem of one of the biggest industries in the world, the fashion industry. Here we won’t discuss bout the clothes, but all the impacts that this fast-growingindustry has. In the second part, we will slowly start thinking bout the possible solutions and introduce the aim of the project, which is to create our own Eco label CLEANOVCI and sustainable fashion show at the local bar.
The third day will be a continuation of the second day, where we will continue on with the workshops about social entrepreneurship, Eco-labeling, SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals), and introduce activities of recycling, downcycling, and upcycling that will be used to create garments for our fashion show.
On the fourth day, we will prepare everything for our fashion show.We will divide participants into groups, where one will be in charge of marketing, others will have to upcycle old clothing that participants brought with themselves. The third group will be in charge of organizing the show by picking the theme of the fashion show, creating pitch lines for clothing, promoting it online, and filming the whole process.
On this day participants will have a free day, where they can go explore the city, and in the afternoon we will take them to the local lake to go for a swim and play some beach volleyball.
In the first part of the day, we will be doing some group-buildingactivities, and in the second part, the participants will go to the venue (local café bar) to prepare for the show. They will have to set up the stage, dress up, and make sure everything works for the show. In the evening hours, the show will take place.
On the last day, we’ll be doing a self-reflection activities where participants will reflect on the newly gained knowledge and how will they implement it. Later on, we will do group evaluation as well. Participants will also have time to fulfill their Youthpass, and then we will have the Youthpass ceremony.
What to bring with me:
– Hygiene products;
– Towels and swimming suits;
– Three pieces of old clothing that you would like to upcycle;
– Medicines if needed;
– Each national team must bring at least one laptop! (for digital activities);
– Bring your adaptors and charges for your devices as these cannot be provided;
– We will have an intercultural evening, so bring your national food and drink;
– Bring your national flag, magazines, postcards what will help you to introduce your country;
– ….and your good mood. This is the most important ☺
RESPONSIBILITIES BEFORE, DURINGAND AFTER THE PROJECT:
Before the project activity starts, participants have to create a vide where they will present their group. Every group should have one video. In this video tell us what you like, what inspires you, what is your passion, where do you see yourself in 5 yeartime from now. Be creative in presenting yourself and the group then post it to the FB group of the project.
Each group will have to prepare one morning energizer and one workshop. All members of the team need to be involved. The topic of the workshop can be suggested by the group but it has to be connected with the project theme(sustainability, entrepreneurship, soft-skills, social responsibility, creativity). Workshop needs to be done using non-formal teaching techniques, which means active participation and learning by doing from all participants (participants need to be involved during the activity).Participants need to bring some traditional food and drinks from their countries which will be shared during the international evenings.
After the project, all participants have to send all original travel document to the address Udruga za kreativni i održivi razvoj KOR Luja Adamića 4a, 32100 Vinkovci, CROATIA Each group must organize one dissemination activity, which means there will be 6dissemination activities . Dissemination activity has to be organized after the project, and evidence that this took place must be sent to the organizing team (evidence= photos and a short 1min video). Participants will not get their reimbursement until they send evidence that activity took place.
100% of the participants‘ travel costs will be reimbursed within the valid budget sums calculated according to the official rules of Erasmus+ programme. If a sum exceeds the limit, the excess will be paid by the participants themselves. The reimbursement limit is 275€ per participant from Bulgaria.
Important: In order to obtain reimbursement for the tickets, you need to follow these steps:
1) You need to present ALL THE TICKETS (that includes all the boarding passes), including RETURN TICKETS, which you will send after realization of the project, otherwise you will not be reimbursed.
2) You need to use PUBLIC TRANSPORT e.g. planes, trains, buses, trams or underground.
3) You need to depart from the country where your sending organization is.
4) It is recommended to make scans of tickets before your arrival in case you lose them. The reimbursement will be done only in Euros.
5) You must complete the dissemination activities and send to the organizers evidences of them (pictures, videos, written report, etc.). Could be one for the whole group or individual – the decision is up to each participant and national group.
Project is supported by “Erasmus+” program. Accommodation, meals, program and travel cost (based on distance) are covered from grant. 15 BGN will be deducted from the guarantee of 100 BGN which every participant must send prior the departure, in order to cover the different taxes, related to the participation of each representative from Bulgaria (bank transfer fees, post expenses, difference in the exchange rates, etc.). This guarantee will be reimbursed after completing all the dissemination activities, the participant is required to conduct after returning to Bulgaria and the reimbursement from the hosting organization to the sending organization is conducted.
The travel insurance is mandatory. It costs 1 BGN/day and covers all the common injuries during projects up to 5000 Euro. Our organization is not covering insurance, it is individual, but we are going to support you to obtain a proper insurance for the duration of the project. For more information about the insurance, contact us.
Every participant is individually entitled to receive a Youthpass Certificate, which confirms participation and validates the non-formal learning (NFL) experience of Training course project. Validating the learning experiences of participants is important in itself and the document can be of benefit in terms of the educational or employment future of the participant. Through Youthpass the European Commission ensures the Training course activity is recognized as a non-formal learning experience.
(*For more information on Youthpass you may click on this page to check it online)
- Read carefully the Terms and Conditions you are agreeing with, when sending your application!
- Have a valid ID/International passport.
- Possess valid European Health Card.
- Fill in the APPLICATION FORM.
In the title of the e-mail, write down the name of the project.
Empty emails will be deleted automatically