International Youth Exchange
“The Art of Theatre 2”
07-20. 06. 2023
The main goal of our project is to present to the participants detailed information and practical knowledge about the art of theater, because we know from experience that this art helps to “break the ice” between two strangers, and breaks many stereotypes in communication between people.
It also increases tolerance between people because they begin to realize that there are more than 1-2 ways and approaches for people to present information and have a conversation. With it we want to contribute to the development of key qualities in the participants as an opportunity to speak in front of an audience and gain self-confidence and confidence in speaking in front of people.
In addition, one of our main goals is for them to acquire teamwork skills – something that will benefit them in the long run. During the project we will help the participants to acquire multifaceted knowledge in the field of theater, and we will involve them in the whole process of preparing a play – storytelling, screenwriting, acting and directing. In the meantime, they will be introduced to the techniques and work of world-famous writers and screenwriters. Another important goal of our project is to acquaint the participants with the different Erasmus + programs and the opportunities it gives them to touch different cultures, to get first-hand information, as well as to travel and learn new things. It is also important to provoke them to work in a team. We strive to create a friendly environment in which people can enjoy working together, which is important so that they can eventually continue to work together by creating Erasmus + projects themselves.
We will also contribute to the enrichment of their common culture both for our country and for the other countries participating in the project. One of the problems in our society today, especially among young people, is the lack of live interaction and reduced interest in it at the expense of living mainly in the digital environment. Excessive use and penetration of technology leads to a loss of connection with reality, which, in turn, leads to a number of problems, including live communication. In the long run, this means a lack of social skills, shyness, anxiety, self-isolation, inability to work in a team. That is why we will motivate the participants to create art, to use their imagination in a creative way, we will put them in a real environment and we will show them how through theater they can combine the useful with the pleasant. They will have the opportunity to learn new things while having fun and this is an environment where people feel most inspired to create. With this project, we will raise awareness of Erasmus + programs so that more young people can take advantage of the opportunities they provide. We strive to provoke everyone to be proactive and learn how to work and be creative in a team and create together, which is a problem for people who are not used to it.
The goal we always have in our work is to draw their attention to the carbon footprint we leave behind and the ways in which we can reduce our negative impact on the environment. Therefore, this project will be not only in order to gain more knowledge in the field of theater and the ways in which it can be used, but also how to make “something out of nothing”, because in addition to daily calculation of the amount prepared food in order to reduce waste, you will also need to make their own decors and wardrobe for performances of waste products or reusable products. With this project we hope to once again bring together young people with different stories to share.
PARTICIPANT`S PROFILE REQUIRED:
Eligible participants per country: 4 young motivated people from Bulgaria, Greece,, Romania, Serbia and Spain and 5 from Lithuania at the age of 16-24 and 1 group leader with no age limit, but 18+
Duration: 12 days + 2 more days for the travelling
Working language: English, at least lvl A2
Insurance & Health assistance: The insurance is a responsibility of each participant. The cost for issuing it will not be covered by the hosting organizations. Before coming to Bulgaria, you must issue and have valid European Health Insurance Card and Health Care insurance for the duration of the whole project!
- English level (at least A2 level of speaking and writing);
- Committed to contribute to the follow up of the project;
- Gender Balance have to be followed as much as possible (2 Male and 2 Female participant per country + the group leader);
- Be interested in developing competences and implement follow-up initiatives;
- Be aware of the characteristics of the learning environment (non-formal education);
The group of each country will be obligated to conduct dissemination events for other young people in their city/town, within 2 months at the end of the youth exchange.
Participants will be accommodated in double/triple rooms each one with single beds and separated by gender. More info about the hotel can be found here – https://www.balyuvatakashta.tryavna.biz/
All the training will be done through the methods of non-formal education. The activities will be for example brainstorming, plenary discussions, simulations, role plays, team building, energizers, ice breakers and many others. Non formal education we remember you that is voluntary, no hierarchical and all its methods are based on the concept of learning by doing.
The following activities will be organized according to the methods used for them:
- Energizers and Icebreakers. Each day, for 10-15 minutes before each session, participants will optionally present a game. Their aim is to raise the mood and energy level of the participants, to awaken and encourage them. The games are fun and easy, testing their concentration, reflexes speed, rational and fast thinking, etc.
- Teambuilding games (including logic games and decision-making games). The purpose of these games is to provoke the teamwork of the participants and thus to turn the participants from “strangers to each other” into teammates to support and help each other. Logic games are intended to provoke them to think critically and to seek solutions to a problem, through discussions and compromises.
- Presentations and discussions. Their purpose is to encourage young people to express and defend their opinions, as well as to improve their oratorical and organizational skills. Also encourage them to think critically and ask questions in front of many people when something is not clear to them. But the most important aspect is the public speaking because many people are worried about it and don’t ask questions and present and defend their own opinions. They will be implemented in a formal and informal way. Formal will be the official presentation of statistics, information on a certain problem, visits to both facilities, etc. And the informal ones, through theater, drama, music, etc.
- Creative activities. When creating the brochure and daily publications to disseminate the results, participants will need to include their creative and inventive thinking in these activities. The purpose of these activities is to better prepare them for future initiatives and events that they themselves will implement. In addition, the quality of the final product depends to a large extent on these activities and their dedication to produce a great document.
WHAT TO BRING WITH ME:
– Bring your hygiene products (shampoo, toothpaste, etc…)
– Bring comfortable clothes and shoes (we will walk).
– Bring swimming suite…. Just in case, you never know what to expect in Bulgaria 🙂
– Each group should bring some food and drinks to represent their own country.
– Bring your national flag, magazines, postcards what will help you to introduce your country.
– Bring your sending organization’s leaflets and any kind of information what you might have.
– Please, find a nice mug from your city/town/country and bring it to the project. On the first day we will make a lottery and you will get a cup that you can use the whole week and later bring home with you as a memory. Less plastic, more beauty!
– If you bring your laptop will be easier for working.
– And your good mood and positive attitude. This is the most important 🙂
100% of the participants ‘travel costs will be reimbursed within the valid budget sums calculated according to the official rules of the Bulgarian NA in the frame of Erasmus +. If a sum exceeds the limit, the excess will be paid by the participants themselves. The reimbursement limit per participant is based and calculated according to the official Erasmus+ distance calculator and the rules of the program.
The reimbursement will be conducted either to the partner organization or to one of the participants personal bank account. If the group decides on a reimbursement to a personal bank account, each one of them should sign declaration, confirming his will.
There will be only one bank account per country.
Important: In order to obtain reimbursement for the tickets, you need to follow these steps:
1) You need to present ALL THE TICKETS (that includes all the boarding passes), including RETURN TICKETS, which you will send after realization of the project, otherwise you will not be reimbursed.
2) You need to use PUBLIC TRANSPORT e.g. planes, trains, buses, trams or underground.
3) You need to depart from the country where your sending organization is.
4) It is recommended to make scans of tickets before your arrival in case you lose them. The reimbursement will be done only in Euros.
5) You must complete the dissemination activities and send to the organizers evidences of them (pictures, videos, written report, etc.). Could be one for the whole group or individual – the decision is up to each participant and national group.
Project is supported by “Erasmus+” program. Accommodation, meals, program and travel cost (based on distance) are covered from grant.
Every participant is individually entitled to receive a Youthpass Certificate, which confirms participation and validates the non-formal learning (NFL) experience of Training course project. Validating the learning experiences of participants is important in itself and the document can be of benefit in terms of the educational or employment future of the participant. Through Youthpass the European Commission ensures the Training course activity is recognized as a non-formal learning experience.
(*For more information on Youthpass you may click on this page to check it online)
- Read carefully the Terms and Conditions you are agreeing with, when sending your application!
- Have a valid ID/International passport.
- Possess valid European Health Card.
- Fill in the APPLICATION FORM.