“The art never dies – it transforms”
15-24. 07. 2017 in Tryavna, Bulgaria
From 15th to 24th of July in the picturesque renaissance town Tryavna will be organized a youth project “The art never dies – it transforms!” (ref. № 2017-1-BG01-KA105-036088). By realizing it we want to connect the beautiful with the useful, pleasant, environmental friendly and all this subsequently to be converted to a way of developing entrepreneurial business. Our desire is to present old-fashioned techniques of working in a new light and how they can be combined with seemingly unnecessary materials, junk, in the making of products of art or useful and usable household items.
The project mani objectives are:
- Entry into the profession, the purpose of using old-fashioned and basic equipment Iconography, carving, sculpture and painting and applying them in our daily lives.
- Stimulating the creativity of young people in the field of arts.
- How to use seemingly unusable materials from our daily lives and making them relevant art and usable household items.
- Young people to learn the basic techniques and principles of development of entrepreneurial idea and its development in the socio-entrepreneurial business.
The students on whose idea is based on the project and the main merit of his writing, said:
Mimi (11th grade specialty “Iconography”) and Martina (11th grade specialty “Woodcarving”): “The project is extremely important for us in terms that everyone must learn to find beauty in small things. The old masters have learned this thing first and it helped them to create their own masterpieces.”
Svetlio (12th grade specialty “Iconography”): “The realization of this project will teach participants the old Bulgarian craft techniques from different fields of art. We will introduce and familiarize ourselves with some basic tools and materials. Participants will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in an entirely different field for them of expression, namely – art. The location of the project – Tryavna, contributes to incite creativity. As it is known everywhere, Tryavna is the city where the beauty is born. We hope that through this project participants will bring with them a piece of those old Bulgarian crafts.”
Based on their desire for a future career in this field and their love of art, we linking the two of the most common problems in the labor market for young people – lack of funds to start the realization of an entrepreneurial idea and lack of knowledge in this field.
Combining all this and mix it into a single pail of paint, we hope the color we will get, to consist the exact features needed, to paint the future pictures of their own lives.
The Youth Exchange will be attended by 19 young people from 3 countries (5 persons from each of the country: Bulgaria, Greece and Italy) and 3 youth leaders (one from each participating country).
- aged 16-24;
- English level ( at least Medium level speaking and writing);
- Committed to contribute to the follow up of the project;
- Gender Balance have to be followed as much as possible (3 Male and 3 Female participant per country);
- Be interested in developing competences and implement follow-up initiatives;
- Be aware of the characteristics of the learning environment (non-formal education);
- Some priority will be given to youth belonging from minority groups or facing economic difficulties, coming from rural areas or with other disadvantaged backgrounds;
The group of each country will be obligated to conduct dissemination events for other young people in their city/town, within 2 months at the end of the youth exchange.
All the training will be done through the methods of non-formal education. The activities will be for example brainstorming, plenary discussions, simulations, role plays, team building, energizers, ice breakers and many others. We remind you that non-formal education is voluntary, non-hierarchical and all the methods are based on the concept of learning by doing.
What to bring with you:
– Bring a towel for the shower, because it is a school dormitory and students have their own, which are not provided by the facility.
– Bring your hygiene products (shampoo, toothpaste, etc…).
– Bring comfortable clothes and shoes (we will walk).
– Each group should bring some food and drinks to represent their own country.
– Bring your national flag, magazines, postcards what will help you to introduce your country.
– Bring your sending organization’s leaflets and any kind of information what you might have.
– Please, find a nice mug from your city/town/country and bring it to the training course. On the first day we will make a lottery and you will get a cup that you can use the whole week and later bring home with you as a memory. Less plastic, more beauty!
– If you bring your laptop will be easier for working.
– And your good mood. This is the most important 🙂
Travel cost reimbursement:
100% of the participants‘ travel costs will be reimbursed within the valid budget sums calculated according to the official rules of the Bulgarian NA in the frame of Erasmus +. If a sum exceeds the limit, the excess will be paid by the participants themselves. The reimbursement limit is 275€ per participant from Bulgaria.
Important: In order to obtain reimbursement for the tickets, you need to obey the following rules:
1) You need to present ALL THE TICKETS, including RETURN TICKETS, which you will send after realization of the project, otherwise YOU WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED (DO NOT FORGET TO KEEP YOUR BOARDING PASSES FROM AIRPORT CHECK-IN)
2) You need to use PUBLIC TRANSPORT e.g. planes, trains, buses, trams or underground.
3) You need to depart from the country where your sending organization is.
4) It is recommended to make scans of tickets before your arrival in case you lose them. The reimbursement will be done only in Euros.
Traveling to Bulgaria:
- From Greece: Ryanair flight from ATH Athens International to SOF Sofia and back (~40 Euro)
- From Italy: Ryanair flight from PSA Pisa to SOF Sofia and back (~42 Euro)
- From Sofia: We will arrange a bus to come, pick you up and bring you back from the airport/bus station.
Eligible participants per country: 5 young motivated people from Italy and Greece at the age of 16-24 and 1 group leader with no age limit.
Partner organizations: Associazione Agrado – Italy and I.D.E.A – Greece
Dates: 15. 07 (arriving day) – 24.07 (departing day)
Working language: English.
Accommodation: in double/triple rooms in the dormitory of the National High School of Fine Arts in Tryavna, ul. “Angel Kanchev” 150.
Daily meals: Each day we`ll eat in different traditional restaurants. Menu will be adapted to the dietary requirements of each participant. Lunch at 13:00-15:00 and dinner at 19:00-21:00.
Insurance & Health assistance: The insurance is a responsibility of each participant. The cost for issuing it will not be covered by the hosting organizations. Before you come to Bulgaria, we highly recommend that you ask for a European Health Insurance Card.
Every participant is individually entitled to receive a Youthpass Certificate, which confirms participation and validates the non-formal learning (NFL) experience of Training course project. Validating the learning experiences of participants is important in itself and the document can be of benefit in terms of the educational or employment future of the participant. Through Youthpass the European Commission ensures the Training course activity is recognized as a non-formal learning experience.
(*For more information on Youthpass you may click on this page to check it online)
In order to apply candidates MUST:
- Have a vilidе ID/International passport.
- Possess valid European Health Card.
- Fill in the application form.
- Fill in and sign this participants agreement. (agreement for the group leader)
- Check the conditions your participation will be evaluated according to – Finnal Evaluation Form
- If you are under 18 years old, your parents/guardians should fill in and sign this parental agreement
- All the documents should be sent to the respective partner organisation:
– For Bulgarian participants to – firstname.lastname@example.org
– For Greek participants to – email@example.com
– For Italian participants to – firstname.lastname@example.org
In the title of the e-mail, write down the name of the project.
We won`t replay to empty e-mails!
The deadline for applying is 28. 06. 2017