International Training Course
“Empowering 2 Empower”
International project “EMPOWERING to EMPOWER” is dedicated to the empowerment of youth workers / leaders to work with unemployed young people and young people from disadvantaged areas. By the planning and preparing the project are 10 partner organisations involved, which are active in 8 different countries (Slovenia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Italy, Greece, Portugal, Lithuania, Romania, Turkey and Poland). The project will take place @ area of LAS (Local action group) Haloze, near city Ptuj. Haloze are less developed area with lack of opportunities for young people and deficit of workplaces and cultural activities for young people living here. Location of training will enable higher understanding of identified problems that young people are facing by living in such areas.
Through the implementation of the project we will be interested in specific issues and facts about the reasons for unemployment among young people, what is the state (statistics) of youth unemployable in the case of the participants’ countries where they come from and How they are trying to solve this problem there. By sharing experiences of good practices we want to reduce this problem in future. Through workshops and variety of different methods we will encourage participants to be creative by making additional proposals for the possibility of effective problem solving of unemployment and lack of opportunities among youth coming from problem areas with fewer opportunities. After all, we want, that experiences, proposals and gained competences are transferred to active and effective work within the organisations and beyond in terms of further project cooperation between organisations at the national and international levels. Strengthening the necessary competences for youth workers we will achieve through interactive workshops, which will be prepared and carried out with the help of experienced trainers or experts.
Aim of the project is to prepare youth workers / leaders to gain needed competences to work with unemployed youth and youth from disadvantaged areas, so that they could help and direct them on their life’s journey by reaching their career goals. Youth workers / leaders needs to have skills for mentoring, providing security, support them by setting and achieving their desires / goals, encourage them to participate in the programs for personal and social development, support them by the acquisition of competences, help them by promoting their self-esteem through personal development, encourage them to be active and responsible citizen and ultimately prepare them to be responsible to enter on the labour market.
In the framework of activities/workshops of the project EMPOWERING to EMPOWER, participants will gain:
– Competences in the field of public speaking, based on the purpose of communication / teaching / to train, and on the differences in individual or group performances, where participants will learn about the need for cooperation and coordination between co-trainers;
– skills of self-confident and effective / convincing verbal and non-verbal communication;
– methods of preparation of workshops or other activities that participant will prepare to work with young people in general;
– using of tools in conducting workshops and learning about different methods of performing them;
– knowledge of the facts concerning the unemployment of young people and young people from deprivileged areas in relation to different (participating) countries;
– getting to know the challenges / opportunities faced by youth workers, due to youth work with unemployed youth;
– the skills about preparing, guiding and completing the “round table” – discussion among experts;
– knowledge of the professions of the future – the professions that are and will be sought in the future;
– skills (working methodology) on the promotion of innovative and creative forms of self-promotion of unemployed youth or young people from disadvantaged areas;
– a motivation to cooperate and exchange opinions / bindings / proposals for better work with youth;
– getting some knowledge, ideas and inspirations in the field of entrepreneurship in terms of potential job creation (self-employment, opening of (social) enterprises) for unemployed young people;
– knowledge of methods for individual support (for activation of individuals);
– enhanced motivation and satisfaction in day-to-day work with deprivileged youth;
– a wider understanding of practices, policies and systems in the field of employment and support for the unemployed in participating countries;
– Empowering proposals / introductions for changes to update programs / approaches of employment services and programs / approaches of educational institutions;
– a better understanding of the interconnection between formal and non-formal education or educational training and the labour market;
– skills for better quality of work and activities for the benefit of unemployed young people and young people from deprivileged areas;
– opportunities to meet the needs of people with fewer opportunities;
– better understanding of social, linguistic and cultural diversity and responding on it;
– improved knowledge of foreign languages;
– strengthened managerial skills and internationalization strategies;
– targeting of target groups in innovative and better way, better methods and practices for youth work for empowering active participation of young people and / or involvement of groups with fewer opportunities, etc.
Through training for youth workers / leaders – EMPOWERING to EMPOWER – we want to better prepare and train youth workers / leaders to work with unemployed young people and young people from deprivileged areas so that they could provide support to them and guide them on their life path and their career.
The training will be aimed at acquiring competences for self-confident, effective and creative work for unemployed young people and young people from deprivileged areas. Therefore, we will include activities in the training which are listed below:
– activities from public speaking (individually and in the group) and self-promotion;
– workshops on the topic of youth unemployment in terms of exchange / review / presentation of facts in the field of youth unemployment and exchanges / reviews / presentation of solving this type of problem;
– identifying, identifying and familiarizing participants with the profession of the future;
– activities to get to know and learn about the methods of preparing and conducting workshops and methods of working with unemployed young people and young people from deprivileged areas. It will be followed by the actual preparation and implementation of a workshop, where participants will be unemployed young people. young people from deprivileged areas.
Within the framework of the project, one day will also be dedicated to professional excursions through the viewing of examples of good practice regarding the creation of additional jobs for young people.
The time of reflection on identifying and defining learning outcomes from individual workshops / activities will be an important “learning to learn” activity, where participants will get to know different methods of conducting a reflection on learning outcomes.
Your suggestions which could improve the project are very welcome. Your organisation and selected participants are welcome to make suggestions about the Activity Schedule and Programme to make a bigger input with the project. If you think participant, who will attend the TC, could help by conducting which of the workshops, please let us know – detailed Activity Programme we will send to u soon. We are always opened for good changes.
Participant`s profile required:
The training course is open for youth leaders, project managers and voluntary and professional youth workers, working directly with project management and capable of making decisions about partnership. They must have basic knowledge about Erasmus +.
From Bulgaria, in the seminar will take part 2 participants. They should be at least 18 years old, but there is no upper age limit. Be aware that this activity will be in English.
Participants are expected to be part of the full duration of the seminar.
This training course is for:
- youth workers/leaders, who are actively working with young people from disadvantaged areas as a professional or on the voluntary basis and should have an active attitude!
- In order to participate in this training for youth workers / leaders, it is desirable that participants are 18+ years old. We did not set the above limitations in the years, but the participants must be fit to be able to participate actively in the preparation and implementation of the project, and that they can regularly attend workshops.
- By selecting and preparing the participants for the TC, have in mind, that we will conduct some workshops outside (summer days in Slovenia are usually sunny and hot) and at different places to which we will walk by foot or drive with vans.
The training course will take place in Paris. Further information about the venue will be shared with the selected participants.
All the training will be done through the methods of non-formal education. The activities will be for example brain storming’s, plenary discussions, simulations, role plays, team building, energizers, ice breakers and many others. Non formal education we remember you that is voluntary, no hierarchical and all its methods are based on the concept of learning by doing.
What to bring with me:
- we will have an intercultural evening, so bring your national food and drink.
- bring your national flag, magazines, postcards what will help you to introduce your country.
- if you bring your laptop will be easier for working, but is not mandatory.
- and your good mood. This is the most important ☺
What we expect from you to present in these nights are: local or national dances, local music, games, little sweets, drinks, pictures, etc. from your countries.
Every country will prepare a short presentation of their culture, using all kinds of methods. It’s preferred a short and FUNNY presentation, such as showing pictures and commenting it, quiz, short video (either already existing or made by you), etc. (YES – use your creativity!). For the intercultural night, we ask you to prepare in advance a brief performance (singing, your traditional music, popular dances) to present your group (typical costumes are really welcomed!).
The main idea of this presentation is: What is important for a stranger to know about my country?
Any kind of presentation is granted, better not to do a power-point presentation to avoid yawning.
The Intercultural night is the “most wanted event” on the beginning of the youth exchange. It is a sort of traditional night opened to all participant audience made up of our group leaders, youth workers, facilitators, participants to the exchange. All National groups are asked to perform briefly (10 for your NGO and country/city not more, and 10 min for traditional dances and music) in order to introduce their self. Certainly, we need your enthusiasm and energy!!
For the Intercultural evening a Swedish buffet (cold buffet) will be organized. Here every country will bring traditional food dishes. The food that will be brought must be eatable without any processing (boiling, frying, etc). The dishes must also be accompanied by a brief description (their origin and ingredients, the way they are eaten…)
100% of the participants‘ travel costs will be reimbursed within the valid budget sums calculated according to the official rules of Erasmus+ programme. If a sum exceeds the limit, the excess will be paid by the participants themselves. The reimbursement limit is 275€ per participant from Bulgaria.
Reimbursement of the travel costs will only be done after submitting all original tickets, receipt/invoices, boarding passes and later sending of the return documents and boarding passes. Save the boarding passes from your airport check in as well. Please, be aware that in case you loose any invoices or tickets we will not be able to reimburse the cost. Reimbursement will be done in EURO, regardless of the currency indicated on your ticket and receipt/invoice according to the official currency exchange rate of European Commission.
! Note: in case of higher travel cost, you will need to cover excess yourself.
Please note that full completion and attending to the programme is mandatory to qualify for a refund. There can be no late arrivals or early departures. If you wish to stay longer for a touristic visit, please consider that the extra days prior or after the seminar are at your own expenses as there will be little time for this during the programme.
Important: It will be send only one bank transfert per Country . The recipient of the reimbursement is the partner association, not the participants according to the funding National Agency rules. To receive reimbursement participants should attend all the planned progamme elements (before, during and after the project activities).
Project is supported by “Erasmus+” program. Accommodation, meals, program and travel cost (based on distance) are covered from grant. There is NO participation fee. However, 15 BGN will be deducted from the guarantee of 100 BGN which every participant must send prior the departure, in order to be covered the different taxes, related to the participation of each representative from Bulgaria (bank transfer fees, post expenses, difference in the exchange rates, etc.). This guarantee will be reimbursed after completing all the dissemination activities, the participant is required to conduct after returning to Bulgaria.
The travel insurance is not mandatory but it is highly reccommended. It costs 1 BGN/day and covers all the common injuries during projects up to 5000 Euro. Our organization is not covering insurance, it is individual, but we are going to support you to obtain a proper insurance for the duration of the project. For more information about the insurance, contact us.
Every participant is individually entitled to receive a Youthpass Certificate, which confirms participation and validates the non-formal learning (NFL) experience of Training course project. Validating the learning experiences of participants is important in itself and the document can be of benefit in terms of the educational or employment future of the participant. Through Youthpass the European Commission ensures the Training course activity is recognized as a non-formal learning experience.
(*For more information on Youthpass you may click on this page to check it online)
- Read carefully the Terms and Conditions you are agreeing with, when sending your application!
- Have a valid ID/International passport.
- Possess valid European Health Card.
- Fill in the application form and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org – APPLICATION FORM
- Check the conditions your participation will be evaluated – Final evaluation form
In the title of the e-mail, write down the name of the project.
Empty e-mails will be deleted automaticaly