International Youth Exchange
“A journey to disability to
A Journey To Disability Awareness’’ will be held in Çameli, Denizli in 07-16 September 2022 including travel days. It aims to bring together 43 participants aged between 18-30 from Turkey, Greece, North Macedonia, Bulgaria, Spain and Hungary. There will be 7 participants from each country; a young with intellectual disability, 1 his/her companion, 1 group leader and 4 young people with fewer opportunities. These will be explained in more detail in participants’ profile section.
What we want to accomplish with this method of learning by experience is to integrate people with intellectual disability into the society, to gain the ability to self-sufficiency, to express themselves, to strengthen their social dialogue, to make them more physically healthy, to improve their employment capacity by providing their competencies and qualifications, to save from syndrome of being addicted and excluded, to become active citizens, to participate in intercultural interaction, to strengthen their self-confidence and abilities.
During the project; there will be Skill Development workshops which will include art of paper marbling, percussion, cloth bag painting and tile art. Also sports activities which includes teamplay games, flexing, exercises exclusive to participants with intellectual disability. Besides, there will be a video presentation workshop. Before the project each country is supposed to record a video about a day of a young with intellectual disability from their country and they will present that video during the project.
Participants will increase their confidence in this project, discover their talents and realize their potential. With this project, participants will better understand EU citizenship, adopt values and strengthen their feelings about EU citizenship. Emphasizing the importance of multilingualism with different countries participants, they will increase awareness of Europeanization and EU citizenship and tolerate different cultures. Participants will strengthen their participation in the labor market, which will contribute to the field of lifelong learning by experience which is a of nonformal education method, including the development of skills and qualifications within Erasmus + objectives.
Participant`s profile required:
1. Each country will have 4 participants 18-30 y.o. with fewer opportunities, a young with intellectual disability and his/her companion and 1 group leader 18+ y.o.;
2. Participants are expected to be part of the full duration of the activity;
3. Be aware that this activity will be in English;
4. Participants with fewer opportunities and rural areas will have priority.
Roles and Responsibilities:
✓ Each group are supposed to prepare a presentation about realities of social inclusion of people with intellectual disability in their countries and examples of their own or association’s activities and present it at the project.
✓ Before the project each country is supposed to record a video about a day of a young with intellectual disability from their country and they will present that video during the project.
✓ Every country will have own Intercultural Night. Here, you will have to express some of your culture: you can prepare a performance, a dance, you can sing a song, recite a poem or a game which is characteristic for your country. If it is possible bring any national costumes and a flag. For activities you prepare you need to involve other participants. Please bring with you some specific snacks and drinks from your country.
All costs related to accommodation, and food (3 meals per day “breakfast, lunch, dinner”) will be covered by project budget as well. You will stay in twin or triple rooms – http://www.ataotel.com/
All the training will be done through the methods of non-formal education. The activities will be for example brainstorming, plenary discussions, simulations, role plays, team building, energizers, ice breakers and many others. Non formal education we remember you that is voluntary, no hierarchical and all its methods are based on the concept of learning by doing.
What to bring with me:
– Hygiene products.
– Medicines if needed.
– Each national team must bring at least one laptop! (for digital activities).
– Bring your adaptors and charges for your devices as these cannot be provided.
– We will have an intercultural evening, so bring your national food and drink.
– Bring your national flag, magazines, postcards what will help you to introduce your country.
– ….and your good mood. This is the most important ☺
100% of the participants‘ travel costs will be reimbursed within the valid budget sums calculated according to the official rules of Erasmus+ programme. If a sum exceeds the limit, the excess will be paid by the participants themselves. The reimbursement limit is 275€ per participant from Bulgaria. The transportation will be arranged by “The Change is in You” Association.
Important: In order to obtain reimbursement for the tickets, you need to follow these steps:
1) You need to present ALL THE TICKETS (that includes all the boarding passes), including RETURN TICKETS, which you will send after realization of the project, otherwise you will not be reimbursed.
2) You need to use PUBLIC TRANSPORT e.g. planes, trains, buses, trams or underground.
3) You need to depart from the country where your sending organization is.
4) It is recommended to make scans of tickets before your arrival in case you lose them. The reimbursement will be done only in Euros.
5) You must complete the dissemination activities and send to the organizers evidences of them (pictures, videos, written report, etc.). Could be one for the whole group or individual – the decision is up to each participant and national group.
Project is supported by “Erasmus+” program. Accommodation, meals, program and travel cost (based on distance) are covered from grant. 15 BGN will be deducted from the guarantee of 100 BGN which every participant must send prior the departure, in order to cover the different taxes, related to the participation of each representative from Bulgaria (bank transfer fees, post expenses, difference in the exchange rates, etc.). This guarantee will be reimbursed after completing all the dissemination activities, the participant is required to conduct after returning to Bulgaria and the reimbursement from the hosting organization to the sending organization is conducted.
The travel insurance is mandatory. It costs 1 BGN/day and covers all the common injuries during projects up to 5000 Euro. Our organization is not covering insurance, it is individual, but we are going to support you to obtain a proper insurance for the duration of the project. For more information about the insurance, contact us.
Every participant is individually entitled to receive a Youthpass Certificate, which confirms participation and validates the non-formal learning (NFL) experience of Training course project. Validating the learning experiences of participants is important in itself and the document can be of benefit in terms of the educational or employment future of the participant. Through Youthpass the European Commission ensures the Training course activity is recognized as a non-formal learning experience.
(*For more information on Youthpass you may click on this page to check it online)
- Read carefully the Terms and Conditions you are agreeing with, when sending your application!
- Have a valid ID/International passport.
- Possess valid European Health Card.
- Fill in the APPLICATION FORM.