Международен Младежки Обмен
“YOU NEED IT OR YOU WANT IT”
“YOU NEED IT OR YOU WANT IT” is a youth exchange that will take place in Romania between 20 February and 3 march 2023 with 42 participants from 8 countries.
The aim of the project is to prevent and combat the negative effects of uncontrolled and irresponsible consumption on the quality of life and the sustainability of the environment
1. Increasing the responsibility of youngsters to reduce uncontrolled consumption of products, resources and services and limiting harmful effects on healthy life
2. Promoting upcycling of wastes and reusable materials as a tool for avoid or limit pollution of environment
3. Increase employability of youngsters from small communities by developing entrepreneurial initiatives for valorize trash and recyclable materials
The methodology is based on non-formal education methods including presentations, world café, up-cycling, entrepreneurial education, media and video creation etc. The project activities will be preparation, introduction, getting to know each other, workshops in plenary and teams, outdoor activities, intercultural evenings, visits, reflection and evaluation according to agenda.
Final products expected: videos, theater plays and a guide with all information, methods, tools , solutions
Participant`s profile required:
1. Еvery group will consist 4 youngsters 16-25 years old plus 1 group leader over 18 years old;
2. Participants are expected to be part of the full duration of the activity;
3. Be aware that this activity will be in English;
4. Participants with fewer opportunities and rural areas will have priority.
Vila Cristina Busteni – in rooms of 2 or 3 beds with private bathroom and shower. There is no laundry service, ironing service or hair dryers at the pension Food will be served at the restaurant of the pension and there will be 3 meals every day and coffee breaks.
Please send us your special needs concerning food: no pork, no meat, vegetarian, vegan or any allergies.
All the training will be done through the methods of non-formal education. The activities will be for example brainstorming, plenary discussions, simulations, role plays, team building, energizers, ice breakers and many others. Non formal education we remember you that is voluntary, no hierarchical and all its methods are based on the concept of learning by doing.
What should you prepare :
– a research about needs and problems of youngsters in your communities:info, statistics, cases etc
– be prepared to propose games, energizers, activities for free time or for our workshops
– as we want to use as less plastic as possible please bring with you your own coffee/tea cup or mug and a bottle/recipient for water;
– for intercultural evening you have to bring some traditional food and drinks and to be ready to teach us a song or a dance. ATTENTION !! There is not possible to use kitchen for cooking (because of new regulations about safety and hygiene) so bring dry things… you can prepare short and easy meals that can be done without oven like salads etc…if you need some ingredients like vegetables, oil, salt, regular spices, bread etc we can provide them…
What to bring with me:
– Research about consumerism in your local community/region/country
– Diary done last week before project with what you consumed day by day (food, products, resources, services etc)
– As we want to use as less plastic as possible please bring with you your own coffee/tea cup or mug and a bottle/recipient for water
– Hygiene products.
– Medicines if needed.
– Each national team must bring at least one laptop! (for digital activities).
– Bring your adaptors and charges for your devices as these cannot be provided.
– We will have an intercultural evening, so bring your national food and drink.
– Bring your national flag, magazines, postcards what will help you to introduce your country.
– ….and your good mood. This is the most important ☺
100% of the participants‘ travel costs will be reimbursed within the valid budget sums calculated according to the official rules of Erasmus+ programme. If a sum exceeds the limit, the excess will be paid by the participants themselves. The reimbursement limit is 180€ per participant from Bulgaria. The transportation will be arranged by “The Change is in You” Association.
Important: In order to obtain reimbursement for the tickets, you need to follow these steps:
1) You need to present ALL THE TICKETS (that includes all the boarding passes), including RETURN TICKETS, which you will send after realization of the project, otherwise you will not be reimbursed.
2) You need to use PUBLIC TRANSPORT e.g. planes, trains, buses, trams or underground.
3) You need to depart from the country where your sending organization is.
4) It is recommended to make scans of tickets before your arrival in case you lose them. The reimbursement will be done only in Euros.
5) You must complete the dissemination activities and send to the organizers evidences of them (pictures, videos, written report, etc.). Could be one for the whole group or individual – the decision is up to each participant and national group.
Project is supported by “Erasmus+” program. Accommodation, meals, program and travel cost (based on distance) are covered from grant. 15 BGN will be deducted from the guarantee of 100 BGN which every participant must send prior the departure, in order to cover the different taxes, related to the participation of each representative from Bulgaria (bank transfer fees, post expenses, difference in the exchange rates, etc.). This guarantee will be reimbursed after completing all the dissemination activities, the participant is required to conduct after returning to Bulgaria and the reimbursement from the hosting organization to the sending organization is conducted.
The travel insurance is mandatory. It costs 1 BGN/day and covers all the common injuries during projects up to 5000 Euro. Our organization is not covering insurance, it is individual, but we are going to support you to obtain a proper insurance for the duration of the project. For more information about the insurance, contact us.
Every participant is individually entitled to receive a Youthpass Certificate, which confirms participation and validates the non-formal learning (NFL) experience of Training course project. Validating the learning experiences of participants is important in itself and the document can be of benefit in terms of the educational or employment future of the participant. Through Youthpass the European Commission ensures the Training course activity is recognized as a non-formal learning experience.
(*For more information on Youthpass you may click on this page to check it online)
- Read carefully the Terms and Conditions you are agreeing with, when sending your application!
- Have a valid ID/International passport.
- Possess valid European Health Card.
- Fill in the APPLICATION FORM.