European Voluntary Service
„Sign for Media: journalism volunteering program for European Deaf Badminton Championships“
Bratislava and Trenčín, Slovakia
04.07 – 01.08.2018
Open to: active young people (18-30 years old) interested in journalism, sports, video making/editing, photography, writing articles, etc.
Dates of mobility: 4.7.2018 – 1.8.2018
About the project: EVS hosting organization Mladiinfo Slovensko is looking for the volunteers to join the short EVS project Sign for Media: journalism volunteering program for European Deaf Badminton Championships that trough sport journalism volunteering promotes the inclusion of young deaf sportsmen and sportswomen.
Who do we look for?
• Young people aged (18-30 years);
• Having confidence/experience to conduct interviews, write articles, edit them and produce a valuable content;
• Photography, video recording and video editing skills;
• Able to face challenges;
• Open-minded and flexible;
• Motivated to learn new things;
• Willing to learn the sign language;
• Active, responsible and reliable.
What do you get as a volunteer?
• Professional trainings and workshops supported by the Deaflympic Committee and professional journalists,
• Accommodation and logistic support,
• The opportunity to get new knowledge, experience and skills,
• Free passes for all volunteers and support staff for all matches as part of the championship,
• Improve their journalistic and communication skills.
4.7. – 20.7. 2018 (Bratislava)
- Orientation meetings, ice-breakers, team building games;
- Division into the teams: radio newsroom, video newsroom and online newsroom;
- Sports journalism, photography and video workshops;
- Training of the Sign Language;
- Web content workshops;
July 21 – July 29 (Trenčín)
- Badminton Championship coverage (articles, interviews, videos, photography, webpage updates, live broadcastings, etc.)
How to apply?
If you want to be part of this amazing one-month EVS experience apply until latest 13.5.2018 by filling out the
application form. We will conduct the SKYPE interviews from 15.5.-20.5. with the chosen applicants.
Looking forward hearing from you!
If you have, any further questions please contact:
Ivana Petrisková (Project Coordinator)
Petra Papierniková (Project Assistant & Mentoring Support)
firstname.lastname@example.org, +421907 619 302
You can also check ours:
In the title of the e-mail, write down the name of the project.