European Solidarity Corps
“RESOURCES FOR NON-FORMAL ACTION”
09. 02 – 12. 08. 2022
The main task of the volunteers will be supporting Falco group all their activities, according to the needs. At the beginning of the project each volunteer will try to experiment every activity carried on by the center. Then, according to the needs of the center and motivation/skill of the volunteer, it will be possible to follow more in depth one or more than one of the activities.
This project aims to increase the opportunities for the personal development of young people, the practice of their existing competencies in a foreign language and the ability to work together within the youth resource center, which is a platform for youth activities to increase the level of youth participation and active citizenship at the local, regional, national and international levels. With this project we would like to have an intercultural platform for youth activities including assistance in organizing and developing projects and activities to promote intercultural dialogue and international mobility for young people. The international NGOs that are designed to inspire and empower young people to create and find their talents to create social innovations that promote a progressive way of life, which in turn allows social justice and prosperity for all to flourish. We believe that ESC projects are a key tool in achieving this mission.
A large number of young people in Europe are completing higher education in the Humanities (psychology, sociology, political science, international relations, etc.).) face the problem of unemployment and the realization of their potential. Studying at the Institute for 3-5 years does not give 100% guarantees to be in demand.
There are several reasons for this:
– Institutions are based on theoretical work and are usually far from practical.
– The knowledge provided by the Institute does not correspond to the reality and requirements of market specialties.
– Students are not ready for real work and do not have the practice of accepting responsibility.
All these disadvantages can be solved using ESC. It can provide working practices, training, and responsibility, and most importantly-to test and implement knowledge in practice. ESС can act as an intermediary between the institution and employment. Within the framework of the ESС project, volunteers will be trained in research, analytical and consulting work, as well as train their colleagues. The results obtained will be used as a basis for preparing a resume for future employers. The activities of the volunteers and the scope of their research will relate to their future work. The work of volunteers with local youth on the basis of the youth resource center will contribute to greater recognition of the value of volunteerism. As a rule, the target groups for helping volunteers are children, orphans, the disabled, and the elderly. But young people who are not able to define work plans for life and develop their intellectual potential are also a target group for helping to develop volunteering opportunities that are now expanded, taking into account such issues as information and computer technologies for establishing contacts between volunteers in social networks, as well as the use of European mobility mechanisms to promote democracy, equality and justice.
Participant`s profile required:
- Every group should prepare 2 participants age 18-30;
- Participants are expected to be part of the full duration of the activity;
- Be aware that this activity will be in English;
- Participants with fewer opportunities and rural areas will have priority.
– Priority will be given to young people who face economic or social problems and other social obstacles.
– The program in all the events that we have reviewed in our project corresponds to all participants with an active life position;
– This project is open to all young people who are eligible to participate in the program without any discrimination (gender, origin, religion, culture);
– In order for a volunteer to grow up during this ESC project, they must be open-minded and have a special interest in working with children and youth. However, experience in this field is not required;
– The selection of volunteers will be based on the candidate’s motivation and what they want to bring to the project;
– Sending and receiving organizations working in the field of non-formal education for children and youth would be great partners, because we also want to develop other events, such as youth exchanges or seminars for young workers on issues such as education;
– The selected candidate will be notified directly by email or phone. All other candidates will be notified in the same way;
– We will also find out what interests young people in relation to events and what they would like to discuss in order to include all the needs of participants in the events that we hold;
– The skills that the volunteers will acquire will be acquired as a result of combining actions and activities related to mobility;
Mandatory requirements for the selection are:
– Age 18-30
– Bulgarian nationality
– Registration in the European Solidarity Corps Portal,
– Basic knowledge of English
Desirable but not mandatory requirements are:
– Other specific skills (theater, video, sports, fine arts …) facilitating communication and development of actions with young people would be a good additional but are not exclusive criteria;
– Active life position and open-minded attitude (i.e respect for diversity, openness to challenges, curiosity);
– In general, the project is open to all young people eligible for the program (i.e. fulfilling the mandatory criteria) without discrimination (sex, origin, religion, culture..). The single most important criteria will be the motivation to work with enthusiasm and passion for the activities of the project and for achieving social impacts to the local community.
– The volunteer selection will be based on the applicant’s motivation and on what he/she wants to bring to the project. The selection will be the result of a close collaboration between “The Change is in You” Association and Falcogroup, both of which will have direct contact with the candidate.
More specifically, the selection process will be done as follows:
Recruitment will be open to all. Information about the project will be available on the ESС database and announced to our network of international partners. “The Change is in You” Association will collect all the applications and conduct a first screening on the base of the criteria requested by the Host organization. Then, it will invite the suitable candidates for an online interview, to get a better insight on their motives, expectations, and readiness to spend a long-time abroad. After this second selection on the basis of the interviews, “The Change is in You” Association will forward the applications of the shortlisted candidates to the Host Organization, which will evaluate CVs and motivation letters of the candidates and conduct an online interviews, as the final step of the selection process. The decision of the most suitable candidates for the project will be taken by jointly by Falcogroup’s employees, elected members and the volunteers’ mentor. The selected candidate will be notified directly by email or telephone. All other applicants will be notified in the same way.
The project will take place in Krasnodar, Russia. The region of Krasnodar is a region of Russia that belong to the southern federal district.
Accommodation of volunteers: Volunteers will live in one apartment in a multi-storey building, which has 2 rooms, a kitchen, 1 bathroom, a microwave oven, a refrigerator, a washing machine, a kettle, etc.
All the project will be conducted through the methods of non-formal education. The activities will be for example brainstorming, plenary discussions, simulations, role plays, team building, energizers, ice breakers and many others. Non formal education is voluntary, no hierarchical and all its methods are based on the concept of learning by doing.
From the very beginning of the project implementation, “The Change is in You” Association&Falcogroup will take all the necessary actions to ensure a quality learning process for the volunteers (Vs). These actions pertain to the following vital parameters of quality learning:
a) Clear definitions of tasks & responsibilities, goals & expectations from the very beginning & expectation management throughout the project
b) All-encompassing preparation of the Vs
c) Continuous & conducive supervision &monitoring
d) Constructive & regular formative evaluation & comprehensive summative evaluation
e) Harmonious & all-round social & cultural integration
f) Reintegration to home community & sustainability of the impact on Vs
g) Special characteristics of this project: Digitalization, Timeliness & Multiplicity
– Our program is designed in such a way as to match the areas of competence of Youthpass. This is done in the same way, so that participants can fully understand the process and importance of a tool such as YouthPass;
– We will use interactive working methods that will facilitate continuous interaction and feedback, and the continuous involvement of youth in the opportunities for joint construction of the informal platform site;
– Strengthening critical and creative thinking and creativity, improving interpersonal communication through the development of effective ones communication skills and methods that promote teamwork, cooperation and collective spirit;
– Participants will receive basic skills to pass on what we have learned to other people so that we can eventually hope;
– Questions about the form of reflection will also include questions about learning methods. Through this, we will control the correctness of the methods we use. If we understand that these methods do not allow us to achieve learning outcomes, we will improve them;
– We will not limit participants in the forms of their events, but will give them the opportunity to learn about our methods of non formal activation;
– On time. University education is often defined by providing theoretical and methodological advice only remotely related to real problems and news. The Internet has made it possible to learn the news, every second around the world. Young people today spend most of their time online in social networks. Therefore, the main function of our project is to fill this objectively existing gap between modernity and timeliness, ideas and their implementation. This is what volunteers will be helped by their existing Internet resources;
– Plurality. Our project has balanced and diversified activities with different types of stakeholders involved in the organization: ERASMUS + (exploring the possibility of promoting the programme at the local level) Promote the dissemination of information about EU and Erasmus+ and ESC activities.
-Local intercultural centre (for cross-cultural research, events, contacts with the local community)
-Local universities (a place for contact with students (youth), for organizing local scientific round tables, debates, etc.) European universities (development of contacts for establishing contacts with future researchers)
– Global think-tanks (study sites and future volunteer positions)
-Foundations (experience in writing projects, grants, research facilities and future volunteer positions).
– Our method is non-formal education. Describing the features of formal education, first of all, we note that it has more stringent, standardized organizational forms. The purpose of formal education is to form a system of basic knowledge; non-formal education is to satisfy interest in a particular subject, to spend time with profit and interest, and to make up for the lack of certain knowledge;
– Volunteerism is based on non-formal education and lessons learned, through which young people can develop their professional and social skills and competencies, as well as share them through formal and distance education.
– The Volunteers will get assigned a mentor & a tutor, who will provide them with social &task-related support, respectively, throughout their placement. The tutor will be in charge of monitoring the Vs’ progress in their work, regularly review their needs &offer suggestions for possible changes when needed. The mentor will be responsible for the social &intercultural support of the Vs, taking the role of their “buddy” throughout the program. Volunteers will always be welcome to share their concerns, with their tutor, mentor & /or SO’s responsible, in case external intervention is needed
– Volunteers` activities will be adapted in accordance with the interests of the volunteer.
– By participating in the project, volunteers will develop all eight core competences that have been adopted by the European Commission as a reference tool for policy makers, employers, educational institutions and students themselves, as well as for their own reflection on the learning process and documentation of their learning outcomes. Youthpass in the European solidarity corps has the same goal as Youthpass in Erasmus +: to enable participants to better learn and better present and use the learning outcomes they have received while participating in projects. This is achieved by applying the so – called Youthpass process – continuous and supported learning comprehension-throughout the project lifecycle.
What to bring with me:
- Hygiene products.
- Medicines if needed.
- Bring your adaptors and charges for your devices as these cannot be provided.
- Bring some slippers or sandals for indoor use and other shoes for outdoor use.
- We will have an intercultural evening, so bring your national food and drink.
- Bring your national flag, magazines, postcards what will help you to introduce your country.
- ….and your good mood. This is the most important ☺
100% of the participants‘ travel costs will be reimbursed within the valid budget sums calculated according to the official rules of Erasmus+ programme. If a sum exceeds the limit, the excess will be paid by the participants themselves. The reimbursement limit is 275€ per participant from Bulgaria.
Important: In order to obtain reimbursement for the tickets, you need to follow these steps:
1) You need to present ALL THE TICKETS (that includes all the boarding passes), including RETURN TICKETS, which you will send after realization of the project, otherwise you will not be reimbursed.
2) You need to use PUBLIC TRANSPORT e.g. planes, trains, buses, trams or underground.
3) You need to depart from the country where your sending organization is.
4) It is recommended to make scans of tickets before your arrival in case you lose them.
5) You must complete the dissemination activities and send to the organizers evidences of them (pictures, videos, written report, etc.). Could be one for the whole group or individual – the decision is up to each participant and national group.
Project is supported by European Solidarity Corps. Accommodation, program and travel cost (based on distance) are covered from grant. Each volunteer will receive monthly 200 Euro as organizational support and pocket money. All the visa cost are covered. Additionally, each volunteer will receive SIM card with unlimited internet.
Every participant is individually entitled to receive a Youthpass Certificate, which confirms participation and validates the non-formal learning (NFL) experience of Training course project. Validating the learning experiences of participants is important in itself and the document can be of benefit in terms of the educational or employment future of the participant. Through Youthpass the European Commission ensures the Training course activity is recognized as a non-formal learning experience.
(*For more information on Youthpass you may click on this page to check it online)
- Read carefully the Terms and Conditions you are agreeing with, when sending your application!
- Have a valid ID and International passport.
- Possess valid European Health Card.
- Download, fill in and send to: email@example.com – APPLICATION FORM
- Each participant must send Motivation letter along with the Application Form.
- Apply through the official portal – https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/placement/28263_en
*In order to fill it in, you should have Adobe Reader version 10 or higher – Adobe reader installer
In the title of the e-mail, write down the name of the project.
Empty emails will be deleted automatically