European Solidarity Corps
Formation of personal value system in young people and, especially, their attitude towards cultural values, which are the basis of both our national identity, and our belonging to Europe, should start at a very early age. Museums, non-governmental organizations and adults could be active partners in supporting the kindergartens and school in this direction.
Our short-term goals are:
To support the contact between young people from two different cultures in order to make them go deeper into their own culture and compare it with another one’;
- To draw attention to the civil education;
- To provoke active citizenship and participation is social causes and activities promoting family values;
- To wake the interest of kids and young people into the environment that is surrounding them;
- To meet kids, young people, participants with local culture, traditions, history and the connection between the past and the present.
- To demonstrate to the local community the positive effect of volunteering and youth work;
- To attract new local volunteers;
Our long-term goals are:
- To develop tolerant individuals, who are open to any kind of ethnicity, religions, gender;
- To teach kids and parents to understand and appreciate the achievements of other nations, their art, culture, crafts, science;
- To develop individual opportunities and interest for children and young people;
- To teach kids and young people take the essential part of cultural values and develop the habit for lifelong learning;
- To motivate towards transnational mobility, multicultural and multilingual environment;
- To provoke young people to gain more information about European finance programs and opportunities;
- To have a positive effect over prejudice based on lack of information and to provoke local people to be more curious, ask questions, read, look for proper information.
The activities included in project are aimed at promoting multicultural communication, exchange and parallel between two nations, their history, food, language, habits, etc. In order to achieve the goals set, we will cooperate with diverse local structures and institutions. We would try to cover as broad audience as possible. Activates would be mainly creativity stimulating, initiated by the volunteers. They could include: dancing, games, role play, quizzes, simulations. At the end of the project volunteers will develop a theatre play based on the parallel between the two cultures – Spanish and Bulgarian. Monthly, they will create info bulletin, write articles, contact foreigners, create a blog, make videos, lead communication with some partners.
Partners that we are going to cooperate with in the process of implementation activities for kids and young people are: “Kalina” kindergarten; “P. R. Slaveykov” High school; “Prof. P. N. Raykov” secondary school; National Highschool of Fine Arts; “Svetlina” Kindergarten; Centre for Social Rehabilitation and Integration; Old people center; Tryavna Municipality, The Club of the retired People, Tryavna Museums.
Eligible participants per country: 2 young people (age 18-30) from Bulgaria and Spain.
Duration: 6 months, starting in January + 2 more for the travelling
Working language: English.
Monthly allowance: 220 € per participant.
Travel cost reimbursement:
100% of the participants‘ travel costs will be reimbursed within the valid budget sums calculated according to the official rules of the Bulgarian NA in the frame of Erasmus +. If a sum exceeds the limit, the excess will be paid by the participants themselves. The reimbursement limit per participant is based and calculated according to the official Erasmus+ distance calculator and the rules of the program.
Important: In order to obtain reimbursement for the tickets, you must follow these rules:
1) You need to present ALL THE TICKETS, including RETURN TICKETS, which you will send after realization of the project, otherwise YOU WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED (DO NOT FORGET TO KEEP YOUR BOARDING PASSES FROM AIRPORT CHECK-IN)
2) You need to use PUBLIC TRANSPORT e.g. planes, trains, buses, trams or underground.
3) You need to depart from the country where your sending organization is.
4) It is recommended to make scans of tickets before your arrival in case you lose them. The reimbursement will be done only in Euros.
Participants will be accommodated in single rooms in a house. The house will have its own bathroom and WC (3 in total each), internet, heating system, kitchen with all needed cutleries, cooking utensils, etc. More information will be shared with the preselected candidates. The rent and the bills will be covered by the hosting organization, not the volunteers.
Every participant is individually entitled to receive a Youthpass Certificate, which confirms participation and validates the non-formal learning (NFL) experience of Training course project. Validating the learning experiences of participants is important in itself and the document can be of benefit in terms of the educational or employment future of the participant. Through Youthpass the European Commission ensures the Training course activity is recognized as a non-formal learning experience.
(*For more information on Youthpass you may click on this page to check it online)
Participant`s profile required:
- aged 18-30;
- English level (at least Medium level speaking and writing);
- Committed to contribute to the follow up of the project;
- Gender Balance have to be followed as much as possible (2 Male and 2 Female);
- Be interested in developing competences and implement follow-up initiatives;
- Be aware of the characteristics of the learning environment (non-formal education);
The group of each country will be obligated to conduct dissemination events for other young people in their city/town, within a month after the end of the project.
In order to apply you MUST:
- Read carefully the Terms and Conditions you are agreeing with, when sending your application!
- Have a valid ID/International passport.
- Possess valid European Health Card.
- Download, fill in and send to: email@example.com – APPLICATION FORM
*In order to fill it in, you should have Adobe Reader version 10 or higher – Adobe reader installer
In the title of the e-mail, write down the name of the project.
Empty emails will be deleted automatically