Международен младежки обмен
„Let‘s change the world together!“
11th-19th of March, 2018
Climate change is currently one of the most pressing issues in the world. According to European Environment Agency, climate change can be seen from factors such as the rise in temperature, ice and snow melting, and rising sea levels all around the world.
Very few of us imagine daily life without a car. However we aren’t thoughtful about emissions of pollutants, its harm to the atmosphere and what kind of influence it has to the climate change. Also, one of the determinants of climate change is not recycling waste, which significantly affects the environment.
It is important that the society takes responsibility for the changes. People, especially the youth, should be taught to have a responsible approach to a safe, clean nature. They should feel responsible for their actions and sustainable connection with the environment – sort the waste, do not litter, to live healthier lifestyle such as more cycling or walking, if conditions allow.
The topic of the project: friendliness to environment, sorting, healthier way of life, preservation of not only the environment but also one’s health realising that each action may have irreversible consequences.
- To get acquainted with the existing global environment problems and consequences of human behaviour.
- To introduce the benefits and methods of sorting, global practices of other countries and, encouragement to sorting.
- To help young people identify and develop new ways which would help to live in a friendlier connection with nature.
- To promote a healthier lifestyle in protecting and preserving both the environment that we live in, and the health of people.
- To increase young people’s awareness of the objectives related to environmental sustainability and protection.
Participant`s profile required:
- 1 youth leader/group leader 18+ and 5 participants age 16-23
- English level ( at least Medium level speaking and writing);
- Committed to contribute to the follow up of the project;
- Be interested in developing competences and implement follow-up initiatives;
- Be aware of the characteristics of the learning environment (non-formal education);
- Some priority will be given to youth belonging from minority groups or facing economic difficulties, coming from rural areas or with other disadvantaged backgrounds, as well as participants from Tryavna or the region.
Venue: Kaunas City Hotel (in the Kaunas city center).
Address: Laisvės alėja 90, Kaunas.
Notice: You’ll be accommodated in rooms of 2, 3 or 4 persons.
About rooms: the participants will be accomodated in mixed national groups, to facilitate the getting to know each other process and intercultural learning;
Hotel provide towels and breakfast (lunch and dinner will be held in other restaurant);
In rooms you will be divided by gender;
You can find out more about the location here: http://kaunascityhotel.com/kontaktai
All the training will be done through the methods of non-formal education. The activities will be for example brain storming’s, plenary discussions, simulations, role plays, team building, energizers, ice breakers and many others. Non formal education we remember you that is voluntary, no hierarchical and all its methods are based on the concept of learning by doing.
Activities during the project:
All the activities will be done through the methods of non-formal education. Ice-breaking, tem-building activities, „Clean the environment“ initiative – Kaunas „Ąžuolynas“ park cleaning and new trees planting, homework presentations, social experiment, documentary film, lectures, focus group discussions, eco „Flash Mob“, creative workshops, reflections, Youthpass presentation, intercultural evenings.
The benefit for the participants:
You will be familiar with the existing global environment problems and the consequences of human behavior, you will know the benefits of sorting ant its methods, you will be acquainted with the global practice of other countries, the objectives related to environmental stability and protection. All participants will be also encouraged to sort, because will know the benefit to the environment, health or even the labor market of this process.
In addition to, you will identify and develop new ways to help each person to live in a friendly connection with nature, choose a healthier lifestyle. Hopefully, we will inspire to act at the local or European level for a positive change by solving this problem. Participants will gain experience in non-formal education, improve their personality, make new friends and learn more about other cultures.
Dissemination phase will take place. It is responsibility of every participant to share information about the project, to post photos and messages in social media. More detailed dissemination plan will be created during exchange by participants themselves which we will follow during this period.
What to bring with me:
- You need to bring personal hygiene stuff (like shampoo, gel, etc.)and your personal items
- There is not hairdryer at location, so you should bring it if needed
- You don’t need to bring towels for the shower
- Shower slippers
- Sport shoes that can be used for general outdoor activities
- You should bring some shoes and clothes appropriate for cold mountain area
- There will be drinking water in location
- Any medicine you think you will need during your stay in Romania
- Proof of medical insurance
- Your European health card
- Please bring one laptop in your team!
- Your positive energy !!!!!!!!!!!
- Boarding Passes (Original)
- Tickets from bus, train, ferry (Original)
- The original receipt of travel agency and the e-ticket with the amount of the travel expenses
- Your Visa and original receipts of any related costs (if available).
What we expect from you to present in these nights are: local or national dances, local music, games, little sweets, drinks, pictures, etc. from your countries.
Every country will prepare a short presentation of their culture, using all kinds of methods. It’s preferred a short and FUNNY presentation, such as showing pictures and commenting it, quiz, short video (either already existing or made by you), etc. (YES – use your creativity!). For the intercultural night, we ask you to prepare in advance a brief performance (singing, your traditional music, popular dances) to present your group (typical costumes are really welcomed!).
The main idea of this presentation is: What is important for a stranger to know about my country?
Any kind of presentation is granted, better not to do a power-point presentation to avoid yawning.
The Intercultural night is the “most wanted event” on the beginning of the youth exchange. It is a sort of traditional night opened to all participant audience made up of our group leaders, youth workers, facilitators, participants to the exchange. All National groups are asked to perform briefly (10 for your NGO and country/city not more, and 10 min for traditional dances and music) in order to introduce their self. Certainly, we need your enthusiasm and energy!!
For the Intercultural evening a Swedish buffet (cold buffet) will be organized. Here every country will bring traditional food dishes. The food that will be brought must be eatable without any processing (boiling, frying, etc). The dishes must also be accompanied by a brief description (their origin and ingredients, the way they are eaten…)
Rules and Procedures:
- Fully participate in the project activities;
- Be on time for the project activities;
- Not disturb the working process;
- Not use cell phone/tablet/PC unless it is related to a project activity;
- Respect the other participants and cultures;
- Not discriminate anyone based on any kind of differences;
- Attend the preparatory meetings, if there are such;
- Inform the group leaders about any issue that might appear;
- Participate in the evaluation process during and after the project;
- Participate in the dissemination process after the project;
- Send a report to CYA describing the project activities and what the participant learned/gained from it within 1 month after the project ends. The report could be either written or a video report, but both in English and Bulgarian language;
- Provide ~30 pictures taken during the project in order to be uploaded on the website of CYA for the purpose of the dissemination process, within 1 month after the project ends.
100% of the participants‘ travel costs will be reimbursed within the valid budget sums calculated according to the official rules of Erasmus+ programme. If a sum exceeds the limit, the excess will be paid by the participants themselves. The reimbursement limit is 220€ per participant from Bulgaria.
Reimbursement of the travel costs will only be done after submitting all original tickets, receipt/invoices, boarding passes and later sending of the return documents and boarding passes. Save the boarding passes from your airport check in as well. Please, be aware that in case you loose any invoices or tickets we will not be able to reimburse the cost. Reimbursement will be done in EURO, regardless of the currency indicated on your ticket and receipt/invoice according to the official currency exchange rate of European Commission.
! Note: in case of higher travel cost, you will need to cover excess yourself.
Please note that full completion and attending to the programme is mandatory to qualify for a refund. There can be no late arrivals or early departures. If you wish to stay longer for a touristic visit, please consider that the extra days prior or after the seminar are at your own expenses as there will be little time for this during the programme.
Important: It will be send only one bank transfert per Country . The recipient of the reimbursement is the partner association, not the participants according to the funding National Agency rules. To receive reimbursement participants should attend all the planned progamme elements (before, during and after the project activities).
Project is supported by “Erasmus+” program. Accommodation, meals, program and travel cost (based on distance) are covered from grant. There is NO participation fee. However, 15 BGN will be deductuted from the travel costs or paid to the sending organisation from each participant, in order to be covered the different taxes, related to the participation of each representative from Bulgaria (bank transfer fees, post expenses, difference in the exchange rates, etc.). In case the organisation is covering the tickets, each participant must transfer a guarantee of 100 BGN, to the organisation`s public bank accont to ensure his/her`s participation and if he/she cancels his/her`s participation, the sum will be used to cover the change of the name for the flight ticket, which has been bought already.
The travel insurance is not mandatory but it is highly reccommended. It costs 1 BGN/day and covers all the common injuries during projects up to 5000 Euro. Our organization is not covering insurance, it is individual, but we are going to support you to obtain a proper insurance for the duration of the project. For more information about the insurance, contact us.
Every participant is individually entitled to receive a Youthpass Certificate, which confirms participation and validates the non-formal learning (NFL) experience of Training course project. Validating the learning experiences of participants is important in itself and the document can be of benefit in terms of the educational or employment future of the participant. Through Youthpass the European Commission ensures the Training course activity is recognized as a non-formal learning experience.
(*For more information on Youthpass you may click on this page to check it online)
- Have a vilidе ID/International passport.
- Possess valid European Health Card.
- Fill in the application form and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org – APPLICATION FORM
- Fill in and sign this Participant Agreement.
- Check the conditions your participation will be evaluated – Final evaluation form
In the title of the e-mail, write down the name of the project.
Empty e-mails will be deleted automaticaly