European Solidarity Corp
Long term in Slovakia
1.9.2019 – 31.8.2020
Dolný Kubín, Slovakia
Summary of the project:
Volunteer will help with non-formal education in a school and in after school activities. Typical tasks could be helping during sport lessons, organizing workshops e.g. craft work, culinary workshops, art, theater, sport and free time activities, literary sessions, discussions on different topics presenting culture, country etc. Additional activities can be based on volunteers interests.
Volunteers will have a chance to improve soft skills like communication skills, planning, teamwork, organizing, empathy and other skills connected with youth work. As the project is taking place in a relatively smaller town, the volunteers will have a chance to learn more about Slovak people, language, history, culture. There will be many opportunities to practice Slovak language skills and communicate in English. The volunteers can discover beautiful nature and mountains surrounding the town and get involved in winter or summer sports like hiking, skying, ice skating, cycling, roller skating, swimming. Except of new knowledge and skills, we believe the volunteer will also gain new positive attitudes towards life, him/her self, other people, or the nature.
Janko Matuska primary school provides general education for 6 – 15 years old pupils. Over 600 pupils attend this school, they are divided in 30 classes. The school is located in the city centre. After school education is offered at a school club for small children or at a leisure center for older students. Our school has 75 full-time employees, 50 of them are teachers and educators in after school classes, others are operating staff.
Profile of the volunteer:
We are looking for an 18-30 years old volunteer who has:
– at least basic knowledge of English.
– like kids, sport, nature, hiking.
– social skills, communication skills, and conflict resolution skills.
– open to working with people from other cultures and religions.
The project will take place in Dolný Kubín, Slovakia. Further information about the venue will be shared with the selected participants.
The language of your project will be English during the work time and you will learn Slovakian too.
As a volunteer the European Solidarity Corp allows you to learn through non-formal experiences, improve existing or acquire new skills for your personal, educational or professional development.
The voluntary service covers:
• Your travel expenses from where you live to the project venue and back;
• Comprehensive insurance (health, accident and liability insurance);
• Free accommodation in a dormitory or a flat in the city;
• Pocket money in the amount of 150 euros per month;
• Food allowance 120 euros per month;
• Participation in the on-arrival and mid-term meeting.
Travel cost reimbursement:
100% of the participants‘ travel costs will be reimbursed within the valid budget sums calculated according to the official rules of Erasmus+ programme. If a sum exceeds the limit, the excess will be paid by the participants themselves. The reimbursement limit is 275€ per participant from Bulgaria.
Important: In order to obtain reimbursement for the tickets, you need to obey the following rules:
1) You need to present ALL THE TICKETS, including RETURN TICKETS, which you will send after realization of the project, otherwise YOU WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED (DO NOT FORGET TO KEEP YOUR BOARDING PASSES FROM AIRPORT CHECK-IN)
2) You need to use PUBLIC TRANSPORT e.g. planes, trains, buses, trams or underground.
3) You need to depart from the country.
4) It is recommended to make scans of tickets before your arrival in case you lose them. The reimbursement will be done only in euros.
Every participant is individually entitled to receive a Youthpass Certificate, which confirms participation and validates the non-formal learning (NFL) experience of Training course project. Validating the learning experiences of participants is important in itself and the document can be of benefit in terms of the educational or employment future of the participant. Through Youthpass the European Commission ensures the Training course activity is recognized as a non-formal learning experience.
(*For more information on Youthpass you may click on this page to check it online)
Relevant documents and links about the EVS:
ESC Info KIT: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity_en
Erasmus+ Commission Website: http://éacéa.éc.éuropa.éu/érasmus-plus_én
Erasmus+ Home Page: http://éc.éuropa.éu/programmés/érasmus-plus/
ESC Programmed Guide: https://ec.europa.eu/youth/sites/youth/files/library/documents/2018-european-solidarity-corps-guide.pdf
Erasmus+ Youth: http://éc.éuropa.éu/youth/indéx_én.htm
Youth pass Page: https://www.youthpass.éu/én/youthpass/for/évs/subpagé/
Voluntary Agreement: will be shared with the selected candidates (Hosting organisation`s decision)
In order to apply, fill in this APPLICATION FORM
You can also check ours:
In the title of the e-mail, write down the name of the project.